Wednesday, June 5, 2013

How big is your brave?

Have you ever been different from who you really are because you aren't brave enough to be yourself? Have you ever done less than your full potential or worse- less than God's potential because you weren't brave enough to just go for it? 

I have been thinking a lot about this, about how many times I back away from something because of fear. How many times I don't just jump at the opportunity to share the Gospel, to speak up. 
Why do I do that? 

Unfortunately our world is driven by fear. We are afraid to be ourselves, afraid of what others think, afraid of how everything will turn out, and the list goes on and on. This is simply ridiculous, who wants to live a life of fear? And what's worse is we fear nonsense things! I don't know about you but I'M DONE WITH IT!! I am made by the perfect creator, how can I fear being imperfect? I was created to share what I know about God, how can I keep it in? It's ok if I'm a little (or a lot) crazy, I am loved by my Heavenly Father. 

I love the song "Brave" by Sara Bareilles! In the video everyone is dancing enjoying life with no fear of how they look. I especially love the line "show me how big your brave is". What if we all did that, what if we showed the world how big our brave is! What if we were brave enough to be confident, happy, and most importantly brave enough to tell everyone we met about our Savior. 
We are called to be courageous, bold, BRAVE! 

So here's to dancing like there's no one watching, signing at the top of our lungs, being a little silly, and proclaiming the name of Jesus from top of every mountain! 

I wanna see you be brave!

Here is a link to the video :)

No comments:

Post a Comment